CONTEST TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING CONTEST TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE FOLLOWING, PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE CONTEST.
- By entering the Contest, you agree to the Contest Terms and Conditions listed below.
- The Contest is open to all legal residents of the U.S. and the District of Columbia who are 18 or older and have internet access (“Entrant”).
- The Contest starts on September 6, 2017, at 2 p.m. PST and ends on September 10, 2017, at 11:59 p.m. PST.
- A total of one (1) prize will be awarded in the course of the contest. Winner will be randomly selected by Sponsor. Decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding.
- To participate in the Contest, an Entrant must like the image on the @CALPAK Instagram profile posted between 2 p.m. PST on September 6, 2017 and 4 p.m. PST on September 6, 2017 and post a comment on the same image following the rules posted on the image. Entrant must also follow or already be following @CALPAK on Instagram in order to participate.
- Inappropriate, obscene, threatening, dangerous, or abusive comments are not permitted, and any Entrants participating in such activity will be disqualified. No spam or unlawful content is permitted.
- The Contest is free of charge.
- If you are awarded a prize and are unable to claim your prize, another winner will be selected. The giveaways are non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- The winners will be notified via Instagram before 5 p.m. PST on September 12, 2017.
- The Entrant agrees to all CALPAK general website terms and conditions listed here.
- The Entrant agrees to all Instagram terms and conditions listed here.
- RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Contest, Entrants agree to release and hold harmless California Pak International, Inc., California Pak, LLC, the Sponsor, the Administrator, and their respective parents, employees, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, sales representatives, advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) any technical errors that may prevent an Entrant from submitting an entry; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (e) injury, death, or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt of any prize. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to the Entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- CHOICE OF LAW & JURISDICTION: These Terms and Conditions supersede any other agreement between you and us to the extent necessary to resolve any inconsistency or ambiguity between them. These Terms and Conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the State and Federal laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws. The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded. You agree that any claim by you (or those claiming through you) arising out of this Contest, will be resolved by binding arbitration conducted in Los Angeles County, California and shall be arbitrated on an individual basis (and not consolidated with any claim of any other party). Arbitration shall be conducted under the rules of the American Arbitration Association.
PRIZES & PRIZE CONDITIONS: A total of one (1) winner will be selected. The winner will receive one (1) CALPAK Large 20” Baye Hat Box in milk marble, one (1) CALPAK Small 14” Baye Hat Box in milk marble, one (1) SLIP eye mask, one (1) CABEAU neck pillow, and one (1) HERBIVORE Face Mist. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value. PRIZE WINNERS WILL NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO SUBSTITUTE ANOTHER PRIZE PACKAGE OR TRANSFER THEIR PRIZE TO ANOTHER PERSON.
By accepting a Prize, the Prize Winners agree to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use of the prize in question. The prize winner will be asked to Direct Message @CALPAK on Instagram with a valid email address within seven (7) days of the prize announcement on Instagram. The potential Prize Winner will be notified by home-delivered mail, phone, and/or email, and must sign and return to the Administrator, within seven (7) days of the date of notice or attempted notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release in order to claim his/her prize. The Prize Winners will be responsible for all local, state, and federal taxes associated with the receipt of their prize. The Prize Winners must note that the value of the accepted prize is taxable as income and an IRS Form 1099 will be filed in the name of each Winner for the value of their prize and the Winners are solely responsible for all matters relating to the prize after it is awarded. If a prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to the potential Winner, if a potential Winner cannot be reached via phone within three (3) business days from the first notification attempt, or if a potential Winner fails to return requisite document(s) within the specified time period, or if a potential Winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, then such person will be disqualified and an alternate Winner may be selected for the prize at issue.
By accepting a Prize, where permitted by law, the Prize Winners grant to the Released Parties and those acting pursuant to the authority of Sponsor and the Released Parties (which grant will be confirmed in writing upon Sponsor’s request), the right to print, publish, broadcast and use worldwide IN ALL MEDIA without limitation at any time a Prize Winner’s full name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness and/or biographical information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further payment or additional consideration, and without review, approval or notification.